In our Opinions section, patients, health care providers and decision makers share their points of view about the health care system.
Healthy Debate welcomes submissions from anyone who works in or is affected by the health care system: patients, physicians, nurses, caregivers, physiotherapists, pharmacists, social workers, etc. Guest posts will be published on the Healthy Debate website and shared through our social media networks, as well as on our weekly newsletter.
- Please submit your guest post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please hyperlink all references. (See previous opinion pieces as a guide).
- Please include the full names and a one-sentence bios for all the people who contributed to the writing of the opinion piece.
- Posts should aim for roughly 650-900 words and should be free of factual errors.
- Submissions will be reviewed within one week.
- Healthy Debate will not publish posts advertising a product or service. Healthy Debate will not publish posts of a partisan political nature.
- Please declare any and all potential conflicts of interest. These will be reviewed and if the guest post is accepted, conflicts of interest will be published along with the article.
- Authors are free to publish their guest posts elsewhere. All Healthy Debate guest posts are published under the CreativeCommons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike license.
- Please read three previous opinion pieces to get an idea of the tone, structure and research-backed writing that we are looking for.
- We recommend this quick and helpful guide for writing a health care-related opinion for Healthy Debate or any publication.