"When there are signs suggesting someone is at risk of suicide, we recognize them and can build a safety net for the person."
"A generation was stolen from their parents."The Score: 0
- From DeGroote to Michael Garron: why more medical institutions are selling their names
When John Kelton became dean of McMaster University’s medical school in 2001 he had “grand ambitions.” It took him roughly six months to discover that the school was bankrupt. At the time, provincial funding was down and raising tuition was unappealing. “It was apparent to me, having trained in the US, that the opportunity for…The Score: 0
- To support children with developmental disabilities, we must support parents
Yona Lunsky & Jonathan WeissThe Score: 0
- Can doctors really predict how long one has to live?The Score: 0
"Many of our First Nations people are looking for something to identify with. A lot of our traditions are new again."
"We take a holistic approach to health."The Score: 0
- ECT: Is stigma preventing better care for depression?
For more than a year and a half, Hank Greely, a Stanford law professor, watched as an elderly family member slipped further and further into depression. One time, when another family member said a chore would become a problem if it wasn't done in the next week, the reply came: “there won’t be a next week.”…The Score: 0
“I went to a sexual abuse program at a healing lodge. We were supposed to scream...I screamed my head off."
"I saw a lot of racism in that hospital."The Score: 0
- The role of patient advocates in Lyme disease policy should be limited
Melanie McPhail & Jacob J. ShelleyThe Score: 0
- Motherhood Statements: Cardiovascular Effect of Liraglutide and Syphilis ScreeningThe Score: 0
- Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis on the rise: Is Tinder to blame?The Score: 0
- Reframing our view of ‘unnecessary’ emergency department visits
Vicky Stergiopoulos & Deb Wise HarrisThe Score: 0