- Confused about the mixed messages on sunscreen safety?The Score: 15
- From DeGroote to Michael Garron: why more medical institutions are selling their names
When John Kelton became dean of McMaster University’s medical school in 2001 he had “grand ambitions.” It took him roughly six months to discover that the school was bankrupt. At the time, provincial funding was down and raising tuition was unappealing. “It was apparent to me, having trained in the US, that the opportunity for…The Score: 0
- ECT: Is stigma preventing better care for depression?
For more than a year and a half, Hank Greely, a Stanford law professor, watched as an elderly family member slipped further and further into depression. One time, when another family member said a chore would become a problem if it wasn't done in the next week, the reply came: “there won’t be a next week.”…The Score: 0
- Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis on the rise: Is Tinder to blame?The Score: 0
- What are the emotional consequences of performing assisted death?The Score: 0
- Can family medicine meet the expectations of millennial doctors?The Score: 0
- Primary care quality improvement: Is data the future?The Score: 0
- Alcohol and pregnancy: Is it safe to have a little?
When Alison was pregnant six years ago, she asked her Toronto-based midwife what she thought about her having a drink. Her midwife advised her to avoid alcohol during the first trimester. But after that, one drink at a time, once or twice week, would be okay. She followed the advice. “I really enjoy a glass…The Score: 0
- Kids and concussions: The newest evidence on long-term impactsThe Score: 0
- Excitement and apprehension over shift to competency-based medical educationThe Score: 0
- The future of mental health care? Apps promise to treat anxiety and prevent suicideThe Score: 0