Amol’s 10 Favourite Papers of 2015
Happy new year! In our first episode of 2016, Amol, general internal medicine resident at the University of Toronto, talk about his 10 favourite papers of 2015.
Rate us on iTunes! Follow us on Twitter @roundstable.
1. Teixobactin, a new antibiotic: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7535/full/nature14098.html
2. Modified Valsalva manoeuvre: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2815%2961485-4/abstract
3. Prednisolone or pentoxifylline for alcoholic hepatitis: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1412278
4. Empagliflozin on cardiovascular outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1504720
5. BRIDGE – Perioperative Bridging Anticoagulation in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1501035
6. Antibiotics for community acquired pneumonia: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1406330
7. SPRINT trial: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1511939
8a. ESCAPE – Intra-arterial treatment for stroke: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1414905
8b. MR. CLEAN – Intra-arterial treatment for stroke: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1411587
9. Digoxin use in atrial fibrillation: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2814%2961836-5/abstract
10. Corticosteroids for patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia: http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2424872
Music Credits (Creative Commons)
In your Robotic Heart – Nicolai Heidlas https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/in-your-robotic-heart
Drive – Nicolai Heidlas https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/drive-fresh-upbeat-pop-background-music
All tracks have been modified for the purposes of this podcast.