Spousal Input: New Antithrombotic Therapy Guidelines and Low Calorie Diet for Diabetes Remission
This week, Amol talks about new antithrombotic therapy guidelines and using low calorie diet for diabetes remission.
The American College of Chest Physicians issued new antithrombotic guidelines for the treatment of venous thromboembolism in February 2016. Amol highlights five updates in the guidelines, and discusses the evidence behind each recommendation.
Diabetes has long been described as a chronic, progressive and incurable diseases. Yet a new paradigm shift in understanding has led to the idea that perhaps diabetes is reversible. Amol discusses three weight loss interventions that have shown some promise in inducing diabetes remission, and the limitations of these preliminary studies.
Rate us on iTune! Follow us on Twitter @roundstable
1. Antithrombotic therapy guidelines: http://journal.publications.chestnet.org/article.aspx?preview=true&articleid=2479255
2. Look AHEAD: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1212914
3. Bariatric surgery: http://www.bmj.com/content/347/bmj.f5934
4. Very low calorie diet: http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/early/2016/02/24/dc15-1942
1. Story Slam: http://annals.org/SS/storyslam.aspx
Music Credits (Creative Commons)
In your Robotic Heart – Nicolai Heidlas https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/in-your-robotic-heart
Drive – Nicolai Heidlas https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/drive-fresh-upbeat-pop-background-music
Vintage Dream – Nicolai Heidlas https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/vintage-dream-loungejazzy-background-music
All tracks have been modified for the purposes of this podcast.