- Do patients with mental illness receive sub-standard care in hospital?
Mental illness and acute care: Patients with mental illness have higher rates of ED use, re-admission and death. Are they receiving sub-standard care?The Score: 0
- Do hospital innovation hubs live up to the hype?
Hospital innovation hubs are becoming ubiquitous in Canada, but their scale and purpose vary widely. Why they're here, and what difference they're making.The Score: 0
- Measles: Who is at risk and what they can do
Measles: Who is at risk, what they can do if they've been exposed, and why failing immunity is less a concern than failure to immunizeThe Score: 0
- How public funding has changed IVF in Ontario
Funded IVF in Ontario: A look at the OFP's impact on patients and providers, and how it has made IVF both a public and private health service in Ontario.The Score: 0
- Should Canada introduce advance requests for MAID?
Advance requests for MAID: Should people in Canada who want MAID be able to receive it after losing decision-making capacity?The Score: 0
- Canada's plan to eliminate tuberculosis in Inuit communities: Will it be enough?
Tuberculosis in Inuit communities: Canada released a new plan to finally eliminate TB from Inuit communities. Will it be enough?The Score: 0
- CAR T-cell therapy is a ground-breaking cancer treatment—and it's expensive and difficult to deliver. Is Canada ready for it?
CAR T-cell therapy: It's ground-breaking, expensive, and complicated to deliver. Is Canada ready for it to be introduced commercially?The Score: 0
- How do we ensure that patients receive care in their own languages?
Language interpretation in health care: Receiving care in a language you don't understand leads to poorer outcomes. What are we doing to mitigate this risk?The Score: 0
- Generalism is the essence of family medicine. How does specialization fit in?
Specialization in family medicine: What does it mean for the field's core values of comprehensiveness and continuity of care?The Score: 0
- Should hospital staff be allowed to use their phones for personal reasons?
Cellphones in the hospital: What are the rules? Can staff check personal email, send texts, scroll through social media? And how do patients feel?The Score: 0
- Why is there a gender wage gap in Canadian medicine?
Many say a gender wage gap should not exist in Canadian medicine, where the system is mostly fee-for-service. Others say the system is part of the problem.The Score: 0