How do I find a doctor who can treat my opioid painkiller addiction?

The comments section is closed.

1 Comment
  • Laura says:

    I have widespread chronic pain I have been take a form of Methadone called Metadol for pain. But I cant not find a family doctor to take over my care . I moved away from the pain clinc which started me on this treatment in 2009. I have tried everything even called a addiction center but that was very degrading. Please help I am worried about under treatment and depression.


Paul Taylor


Paul Taylor is a health journalist and former Patient Navigation Advisor at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, where he provided advice and answered questions from patients and their families. Paul will continue to write occasional columns for Healthy Debate.

Republish this article

Republish this article on your website under the creative commons licence.

Learn more