Rapid Fire: Respirology (And welcome back Drs. Kieran Quinn and Emily Hughes!)
Welcome back Rounds Table Listeners!
For episode 5 we have two very special guests co-hosting.
Welcome back to Drs. Kieran Quinn and Emily Hughes. This episode they discuss 4 articles on all things Respirology.
Classic rapid fire format, let’s dive right in.
- Can the β-blocker, metoprolol, be used to prevent COPD exacerbations? (00:00 to 06:48) (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1908142)
- What is the safety and efficacy of the monoclonal antibody, benralizumab – an IL5 inhibitor, in preventing COPD exacerbations? (06:49 to 10:12) (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1905248)
- A new antibiotic for community acquired pneumonia: is treatment with oral lefamulin non-inferior to moxifloxacin? (10:20 to 16:22) (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2752331)
- What are the predictors and outcomes associated with excess duration of antibiotic treatment in patients hospitalized with pneumonia? (16:25 to 21:44)https://annals.org/aim/article-abstract/2737823/excess-antibiotic-treatment-duration-adverse-events-patients-hospitalized-pneumonia-multihospital
Last but not least, the Good Stuff:
- What you should know about severe lung illness related to vaping:
- A meta-analysis metastasis; metanalysis are taking over medical literature:
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We’d love to hear from you. @roundstable